Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Commute 1/16/08

Time of departure: 7:55
Temperature: 30F (18 MPH wind = 18F w/ wind chill)

Yeah, little chilly this morning. It's not even so much the cold that gets me on days like this, but the muscle-suck. The strength drain that occurs when it's nasty cold out so your legs feel like lead from the get go. If I had trained last night (like I was supposed to) I could understand it. Cold + exercise + more cold = slow recovery. But no, I went out to dinner with a lady-friend instead of doing my trainer ride.

Meh, just means I have to do more tonight.

Ride was uneventful. I did get to watch some poor mope having to push a car across that ugly intersection I wrote about on 1/9. (Great, I've only been at this for a couple of months and I'm starting to self-reference, the crazy is coming soon...) I don't know if he was a passenger in the car to begin with or one of the streetside newspapermen (not being sexist, I've only ever seen guys doing it) that decided to help out. I like to think it was the latter, that even in nasty-@$$ Baltimore there are people willing to help out someone who's car broke down in the middle of the off ramp for a major route into town at the start of rush hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment