Friday, May 2, 2008

When you KNOW you should be on your bike

I drove to work today despite the decent weather (60 this morning, supposed to be around 80 this afternoon). I'm having a BBQ tomorrow and needed to 1) get rid of my recycling (Baltimore picks up every-other week and I've been out of town for the last two pick ups) and 2) get stuff to grill. I realized just how guilty I feel about not biking when I was waiting to pay and saw the only other person from the Health Department who rides go by. She saw me and waved, I waved back, and then took my time getting to the office (a block or so from the lot) to ensure that she had finished locking up and was inside before I got there. Why? She's a 5 day commuter, I don't know if she owns a car, and I felt guilty that I wasn't on my bike.

In other news: I picked up the Trucker from the shop last week, but between the race over the weekend and work this week I haven't been able to do much other than the short test ride (in my work clothes) at Mt. Airy. At that time I was willing to say it was the single nicest bike I've ever been on. Tonight I'm going to treat the saddle (B17 Championship) with Proofide so it will be ready for use on Sunday. I don't know where I'm going to ride, which will depend on whether or not I have company and the weather. All I know is that I will be riding.

No comments:

Post a Comment