Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Bike to work week, Day Two


I may just stick with that picture at the top of any post where I did bike commute, as a way to hold myself accountable. At the least, I'm going to do it for this week.

I did ride in again today. The weather has taken a turn for the best and it was a beautiful ride. Clear and sunny, but still cool and with no hint of the humidity I'm sure is right around the corner. It reminded me of mornings back in California. I was a little behind my desired departure, which meant that when I got close to the major intersection for 83/President St the car back-up was waiting for me. I've commented on this before, but it still never fails to amaze me. On the particular E/W route I take in the morning, where it hits the N-bound 83 (out of Baltimore, towards the beltway north of the city) the back-up to turn onto 83 runs back 5 or 6 blocks. Depending on where I am in traffic I either wait until I get near the front and move between "parked" cars waiting at the light, or I just take the lane and keep moving over to the left. In the end, I position myself on the right side of the non-turn lane, so I can go straight.

Last night riding home I had a bad case of lead-legs. I don't know what caused it, but I felt like I had just finished a century. I was wishing that my bike had more than 3 speeds, and that all of the extra ones were lower than the current first gear. Guess it just shows how much I need to be riding.

No comments:

Post a Comment