Monday, October 20, 2008

Finally

I have no one to blame but myself for this, but still. Yesterday was the first day in many moons (since September 8 according to my log at Active Body) that I got out for a ride. It wasn't anything special, but then again, it was. This was my first ride of any length on the Trucker, it was my first ride with the racks on the Trucker (unloaded), and it was my first ride testing out my mini-pod tripod as a camera holder on the handle bars.

I had done some short rides on the Trucker, but nothing more than commuting really. Today I did about an hour in the saddle, and went a whopping 12 miles. It was long enough to put me firmly in the "Brooks B17 works right out of the box" camp. It also was long enough for me to discover a couple of odd sore spots (right elbow, left knee) that show me just how long I've been away from biking and pretty much any working out.

You probably can't see it in this picture, but there's a deer running from R to L across the path

All things considered I'm ecstatic to be back in the saddle, and can't wait to do it again. I hope to start doing a few rides like this in the evenings after work, building up to doing some more serious rides on the weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment