Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Ow

Alright - I slacked last week and didn't train. That's why there was no training update. I sort of made up for it yesterday by finally bike commuting again. 

The trip to work was not very thrilling - I rode the mile or so to the BART station, took the train most of the way to work, and then rode the last 10 min or so to the office. On the way home though...

The total trip ended up to be a little over 12 miles, and I did it in just over an hour (better than I thought I could do). The trip took me past Jack London Square and the Oakland Airport. In the next few weeks I'll start taking my camera with me so I can shoot the ride and put some pictures up.

I was pretty glad that the only thing (clothing-wise) I forgot was my belt. I'd gotten so used to be able to commute in my work clothes (Baltimore commute was 1.6 miles, one way) that remembering all of the stuff I needed to bring was a little rough. 

Going on how I feel (a little sore, a lot twitchy, and REALLY eager to do it again) I'm hoping to do three days a week until I get the base miles in, and then up it to 4 or 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment