Monday, January 26, 2009

I KNEW Twitter was a bad thing

Recently I went on a bit of tear about Twitter. I just don't get some of the excitement people seem to feel about it, and one of the podcasts I used to really enjoy (net@nite, part of Leo Laporte's Twit Network) has gotten almost impossible to listen to due to all of the rhapsodizing about the wonders of Twitter (I get it, it's a Web 2.0 thing, but there must be others). Anyway, imagine my surprise, after all my whining, to see a fellow cyclists and blogger (although I'm nowhere near the calibre) getting Twitterjacked...
Just days after I discovered that a certain online retailer is using this blog to market yet another inexpensive singlespeed road bike, I've now learned that somebody has taken the liberty of creating a Twitter account in my name
I'd like to take this opportunity to say, "Hey there! I am not using Twitter." If you're reading this blog you know I'm wordy, and there's absolutely no way I could restrict myself to 140 characters per post. And naturally, since it's not my Twitter account, I can't access it.


So there you have another reason not to go within a mile of someone using Twitter - they may not be the person you think! I'm looking at you, Fritz...

No comments:

Post a Comment