Thursday, September 4, 2008

Random, but fantastic, bike-related political quote

I've mentioned my politics before, so there's no reason to beat you over the head with them again. This morning, as I was reading my feeds and getting caught up on what the world did while I was asleep, I came across this line:
Yes, that's the problem: It's not that Palin's record as a reformer has proven as durable as an oragami mountain bike.
(emphasis mine)

That was quoted from the reason magazine Hit & Run blog, in an article written by David Weigel about Sarah Palin. The whole post is available here.

Stepping back from the politics, I think that's at once the greatest political use of a bike in a non-bike-related discussion, and just a fantastic metaphor, one I plan on using often.

No comments:

Post a Comment