Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Wind

It is rare that I'll take the time to gripe about the wind. One of the frequent posters on Bike Forums has as signature that reads (para): There is no tailwind, it is either against you or you're having a good day. I think it is a quote, but I'm not sure.

Today though, I am going to whine about the wind. About 2/3 of the way through my commute (actually, at the same point my rear wheel locked up on Monday) just as I got across the giant street (which becomes I-83 a couple of blocks north of my route) I got smacked by a wall of wind that just about stopped me still. I had to fight it for a few blocks and the only thing that saved me is that it was slightly angled, not head on. Weather Underground is listing Baltimore with 12 mph wind and gusts of 28 mph. I'm guessing it was a gust.

All I know is somehow it will have pulled a 180 by the time I need to ride home, so I can look forward to climbing into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment