Thursday, November 8, 2007

FINALLY


After what feels like forever (but is really only a week or so) I got back in the saddle. My commuter (the Schwinn) is still wheel-less, having a new one built up for it by the guys at Mt. Airy Cycles, but since I had a couple of meetings up at the Johns Hopkins School of Public Health I decided to ride the Raleigh.

Ordinarily I don't like to ride the Raleigh in street clothes, it's just a hassle, but it takes the same amount of time to bike over the Hopkins as it does to drive, and costs significantly less to park. The school has a great bike parking area in the tiny garage under the building, which is at street level and has a security guard all day. It was one of the things that was great about working on my degree there.

Today was chilly, high 30s/low 40s, so I had to wear a do-rag to cover up the bald under the helmet and my wool hobo gloves. When it gets colder I'll switch to the convertibles (fingerless gloves with mitten finger covers taht fold into place). It's a good thing that most of my day is at my desk, because the combination of SPD shoes and slacks is a little strange, but I didn't feel like carrying a bag and had nowhere else to put my work shoes. When I get back into the habit of riding most days I'll just leave the work shoes in my office.

No comments:

Post a Comment