Saturday, November 17, 2007

Almost finished

I thought I was done with the Schwinn repairs, but I was wrong. Now, I'm 95% there. I was slowed down by having to get a new trigger shifter after the shifter that came with the new hub didn't fit on my bars. This morning I went ahead and hooked it up. After getting it in place I went out for a test ride and it didn't shift quite right, but a little adjustment to the cable tension and I once again have my Schwinn fully functional.

The damage - more money than I feel like listing and WAY too much time off the bike.

The results - new front hub which includes a drum brake (weather-proof) and generator, lights (front and rear) powered by the generator, new 3-speed internal rear hub, all new spokes on both wheels and one new tube. Also, the cables for the front brake and the shifter are new.

The only thing I need to do now is get a pile of zip-ties and anchor all of the cables in place and it'll be all done. As it stands I can ride, it's just a little squirrley not having the cables tied down.

No comments:

Post a Comment