Tuesday, June 9, 2009

On not riding and physical well-being

It has been a while since I've been on my bike, or physically active in any real way. This is due to two things - work-related travel (15 days away from home with no bike or running shoes) and the ease of getting to work on public transit. Something I've noticed is that the more time passes between my last workout and today the worse I feel. It's funny, in some ways I feel like it's the day after a good ride/run because my legs are tired and sore. The problem is that they are tired and sore from underuse, not exertion.

Obviously, my weight isn't going in the right direction since I'm not exercising. I do have some rides planned for later in the week when I head out of town again, this time for my nephew's first birthday. Hopefully I'll be able to get back into a rhythm.

1 comment:

  1. This concerns me about myself.

    I get about 2-3 days with no cycling before I turn into a bastard. Which is kinda leading me to the point where I'm worried if I need to travel, I'll need to pack running shoes and go for a jog simply to prevent Mr. Hyde from showing up.

    ReplyDelete