Sunday, October 14, 2007

Why?

I like being on my bike. If I could have things my way I would have a job and live in a place where I could just walk out when the mood takes me and go for a nice ride. Unfortunately I work for, and live in, the city of Baltimore. That means that I have to work the traditional eight hour day, and getting to a decent place to ride can be a little bit of a challenge. So instead, I ride vicariously by reading about cycling and chatting with cycling friends. This blog is intended as an extension of that same idea.
I ride both for pleasure, on a mid-70s Raleigh Super Course, and as a commuter/utility cyclist, on a 1974 Schwinn Speedster three speed. I also have a Surly Long Haul Trucker touring frame which I plan on having built into a rig for loaded touring over the winter. I will be talking a little more about my stable in the future, including some detailed information about the LHT build as it progresses.
In addition to the cycling (to paraphrase Dave from The FredCast, I'm a cyclist not a biker) I will undoubtedly find places to thrown in posts about politics (I am a "small l" libertarian) and Buddhism. I also will take some time in a later post to explain why I named it as I did.
That should be enough to give you a good idea of what you can look forward to here over the coming weeks. If you have any thoughts please email me with the link above. I look forward to having a semi-one-sided conversation with you over the time ahead.
joel

No comments:

Post a Comment